Previous Webinars: Genetics
If you were not able to attend any of our live sessions, all are available to view at no cost.
These videos focus on how to…
- Improve the capacity of primary care providers to successfully collaborate with genetic specialists in the care of their patients
- Clarify roles of primary care providers and specialists in the newborn screening and genetic testing process
- Share insights into potential benefits and pitfalls brought about by Direct to Consumer testing initiatives
- Provide a framework for understanding how uncommon diagnoses can underlie more common symptoms
- Develop primary care provider understanding of some of the unique challenges encountered when discussing genetic conditions with patients and their families
- Develop primary care provider understanding of some of the unique challenges encountered when discussing genetic conditions with specific population groups, such as immigrants and refugees.
- Increase the primary care provider’s understanding of the nature of genetic testing, including their benefits and limitations, false positives and false negative results.
Direct to Consumer Testing: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Recorded on March 26, 2019
Undiagnosed Patient Conditions
Recorded on April 23, 2019
Genetic Considerations for Immigrants and Refugees
Recorded on May 21, 2019
Genetics: What the Primary Care Provider Needs to Know
Recorded on February 18, 2020
Click Here for the slides