The Weitzman Learning Academy is excited to partner with the New England Regional Genetics Network (NERGN) to improve access to genetics education and genetics services for primary care providers free of charge.
Our educational offerings include webinars on specific genetic hot topics, as well as reviewing genetics cases during identified Project ECHO sessions.
Additionally, ConferMed is providing free eConsults for New England providers who may have questions regarding genetic cases.
Click each offering below to learn more!
Learn More About the New England Regional Genetics Network
The New England Regional Genetics Network (NERGN) aims to improve health equity and health outcomes in individuals with genetic conditions, reduce morbidity and mortality caused by genetic conditions (including congenital and metabolic disorders); and to improve the quality of coordinated and comprehensive genetic services to children and their families. The Weitzman Learning Academy and ConferMed are proud to partner with NERGN to aid primary care providers in their care.
We have currently wrapped up our 2020 Genetics learning sessions. Check the library to view the recordings. Sign up below to be the first to learn about next year’s offerings!
Library of Free Recorded Webinars
This library includes our 2019 and 2020 webinars. These videos focus on how to enhance provider knowledge, practice, and attitudes regarding genetic services.
These webinar sessions focus on
- Improve the capacity of primary care providers to successfully collaborate with genetic specialists in the care of their patients
- Clarify roles of primary care providers and specialists in the newborn screening and genetic testing process
- Share insights into potential benefits and pitfalls brought about by Direct to Consumer testing initiatives
- Provide a framework for understanding how uncommon diagnoses can underlie more common symptoms
- Develop primary care provider understanding of some of the unique challenges encountered when discussing genetic conditions with patients and their families
- Develop primary care provider understanding of some of the unique challenges encountered when discussing genetic conditions with specific population groups, such as immigrants and refugees.
- Increase the primary care provider’s understanding of the nature of genetic testing, including their benefits and limitations, false positives and false negative results.
While these webinars are geared towards New England licensed providers, this series is open nationally to any provider who wishes to expand their knowledge.
Free Live Webinar Series
Below is our list of 2020 webinars. These are all completed. Check our library to view the recordings!
Click here for more information
|January 28, 2020||1pm – 2pm||Newborn Screening part 3|
|February 18, 2020||1pm – 2pm||Understanding Genetics and What the Primary Care Providers Needs to Know|
|March 31, 2020||CANCELLED||Genetic Testing|
|April 28, 2020||12pm – 1pm||Genetic and Metabolic “Red Flags”|
|May 26, 2020||12pm – 1pm||
The Child with Metabolic Disease: How the PCP Can Support the Family
Weitzman ECHO (Extension for Community Health Outcomes) Complex Integrated Pediatrics provides specialty support for primary care providers seeking to gain expertise in the management of certain complex illnesses and conditions. ECHO is a monthly video-based learning collaborative for primary care & behavioral health providers that is divided between didactics and case presentations with expert recommendations.
Below is our 2020 offerings, which are completed. Click the link below to view previous ECHO sessions.
|January 22, 2020||12pm – 1:30pm||Autism Spectrum Disorder: Genetic Perspectives|
|February 12, 2020||12pm – 1:30pm||Genetic Considerations in Pediatric Obesity|
|March 17, 2020||CANCELLED||Guest Speaker: Family Voices speaking on Cultural Implications of Screening|
To view our previous ECHO sessions regarding genetics, please click here
ConferMed is a telehealth solution where providers can have their questions answered by experts in the field. A provider can submit a question and our licensed specialists will send the answer back within two business days. In partnership with NERGN, ConferMed is pleased to offer genetics consults free of charge.
This opportunity is only available to New England licensed providers only.
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE NOTIFICATIONS
Start taking advantage of what the Weitzman Learning Academy can do to improve pediatrics genetics offerings at your health center.
Sign up to be the first to receive more information and notifications about launch dates, topics, and how to register.